Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Primetime, baby

DVR could very well be ruining my life. Now, I realize you may be thinking this is a little dramatic, but DVR has definitely changed my television viewing habits. What this all boils down to is that I have a mean addiction to American Idol this season. In the past, I watched the first auditions and maybe the finale, but this season, thanks to DVR, I have not missed an episode. It turns out that American Idol complements my morning bagel and cup of coffee quite nicely. Since I have to reserve my evenings for dreaded school reading (damn you metadata!), any show I want to watch has to be recorded and squeezed in at other times. Not that I'm complaining, mind you, because I do love fast forwarding through commercials. It's just that I'm a little embarrassed at some of my guilty-pleasure tv shows. Z and other assorted friends make fun of how much of my current event conversations stem from something that I saw on Regis and Kelly. The reason I'm publishing this to the world wide web is that my lingering belief that I'm not the only one with an embarrassing saved show list on my DVR. Who else wants to come clean?

1 comment:

  1. I will and it is indeed embarassing. So much so that I cannot go into detail about my list other than to say American Idol is on mine too!

    ReplyDelete