Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hindsight is 20/20

A few summers ago, I had to complete a school project for my degree. At the time, I referred to it as "my stupid reading list." Basically, I had to read a set of books for each of three different categories--author, time period, and genre. The reason for this trip down memory lane is that for the past two weeks, I've been working on term papers (think of "working" in the loosest of terms, it's really more like staring blankly at my computer and hoping that words magically appear.) The more I work on these term papers, the more I miss the reading list. Honestly, what was so bad about reading novels for a summer?

Today, I was browsing the Kindle store to load up my Kindle with some new stuff for working out, and I came across some of the authors I read for my reading list. Even better, because the books are early 20th century, they're free! Nothing makes a nerdy cheapskate like me happier than free books. Tonight, I will have to choose between Robert Graves, D. H. Lawrence, or E. M. Forster for my evening run. Then, it will be back to term papers. Boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment