Tuesday, December 22, 2009

New Years Resolution, maybe

I have been on a foodie kick lately. I'm not sure if it's because of the holidays, or maybe the cold weather, but I have been reading a lot of food blogs and cookbook reviews. I've always been attracted to the idea of cooking--I like to flip through cookbooks and clip new recipes. My problem is that I lack the follow-through to actually cook.

The marathon I am running in is right around the corner, and maybe it's time to direct my attention to a new hobby. Poor Z is forced to eat whatever I throw together after work, and I can't remember the last time I tried something new. I think the key to this project is not only cooking more regularly, but trying a whole new variety of food. Now, I could eat casseroles every day of my life and be happy as a clam, but it may be time to venture out of my comfort zone and try making ethnic food, or meals that don't call for a can of cream of mushroom soup.

In the meantime, I'll be following all the new cooking blogs I discovered. Imagining my way into cooking has to be the first step, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment