Monday, August 27, 2012

Summer is over, and now I cry

I started back to work in the middle of last week, and today is my first Monday. Mondays are the worst, am I right? I'm lucky enough to be working half-time, so I only have to leave Teddy for 4 hours a day, but I still have mixed feelings. Would you want to leave this guy?

Aloooooooooooooooha!


Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy my job and I love the people I work with. It's just that Ted was pretty fun to work with, too. I had this brilliant idea of laying out a weekly chore chart of the house things I need to get done so I spread out the joy of cleaning and laundry throughout the week. Monday's chores remain untouched as of this writing. We were too busy reading books and playing with toys this morning to bother with lame chores.

The silver lining to terrible Monday is that today is the first day of classes, and the energy on campus in CRAZY. Students have been in and out of the ASUW office all afternoon, and everyone is genuinely excited to be back. Next Monday could be a different story.

In other news, I'm between reads and trying to decide whether I should tackle the TBR pile in my house, or ransack the shelves when I go to the library tomorrow. I have a hard time resisting the siren song of the library. Does anyone have book recommendations for me? Preferably something easy and entertaining, because my reading takes place in the evenings when my brain is mush.

No comments:

Post a Comment